Client Service Representative (Chicago)
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our high-growth and innovative customers. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with San Francisco and Chicago office locations. While this role has remote-work flexibility, this role will ideally be based in Chicago to attend in-person collaboration and team events. This role will work through our core collaboration hours (8:30 am - 2:30 pm Pacific Time.)
As a Vouch Client Service team member, you will be responsible for ensuring our clients have a great experience with Vouch. We pride ourselves on making things fast, easy, and tailored for each specific client. Some of our best client feedback is about our exceptional client experience and service. You’ll be part of helping us scale our client service capabilities.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for guiding our clients, new and existing customers, through any insurance questions they may have, day-to-day servicing of accounts, renewal business, and supporting client needs when changing coverage. This is a great position to build a foundation in the insurance, start-up, and tech fields and to start growing your career with Vouch.
- Serve as first line of defense for responding to client inquiries from live chat, email, and phone
- Leave a positive first impression and establish trusted relationships with new and existing clients
- Deliver consistent and timely follow-up in response to client requests and issues
- Proactively problem-solve when faced with new or unique client requests
- Identify areas to improve our product, processes, and procedures, focused on delivering a great customer experience
- Drive additional value by collaborating with and identifying opportunities for the sales team
- Assist with documenting day-to-day processes and improvements
- Become an expert in Vouch’s product experience such that you can guide clients through the digital client journey, including our website and application process
Collaborate with cross-functional team members in Sales, Success, and Policy Administration to solve complex client needs or identify new ways of doing things
- Be a self-starter, independent learner, and have unparalleled resourcefulness
- Be a great writer with a keen eye for the nuances of the English language
- Believe in Vouch’s values:
- Put people first
- Serve clients with integrity and excellence
- Listen, challenge, and grow
- Face challenges head-on and win as a team
- 1+ years of experience in a client-facing support role
- Eager to complete the Property and Casualty licensing exam within your first 90 days
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, positive, and action-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
- Able to deal well with ambiguity and maintain composure in complex situations
- Passion for swimming in solutions versus dwelling on problems
- Comfortable with working an adjusted schedule: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm Central.
Nice to have:
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high-growth environments
- A background in insurance, technology, SaaS, or other regulated categories
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts, Business, Insurance, or a related field
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)