Director of Web3 (New York)
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company backed with $160M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for high-growth companies.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our high-growth and innovative customers. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
What does a work environment look like at Vouch?
Vouch is a Virtual First Workplace with SF and Chicago office locations. While this role has remote work flexibility, we have a preference for this role to be based at the epicenter of the category to attend local events 3-4x a month: San Francisco or New York. Vouch’s core collaboration hours are 8:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time.
As the Director of the Web3 vertical, you will own the strategy and execution of how we scale Vouch’s presence and book of business as the leader in the category. The Web3 vertical includes both crypto and crypto-adjacent companies.
In the year since the Web3 practice launched, Vouch has grown to become the leading US insurance company for Web3 companies, including L1s, L2s, PFP companies, MPC wallet providers, and more. Mysten, thirdweb, Unstoppable Domains, and many others trust Vouch to protect their company.
You’ll be responsible for expanding and accelerating Vouch’s presence as the insurance company of choice for Web3 startups. Hosting events, overseeing outbound engagement, and cultivating new ecosystem partnerships may be some of your effective strategies.
- Directly cultivate and manage relationships with the most important founders, investors, operators, senior executives, and partners in Web3 so you can prospect and close new business
- Own and enhance the GTM playbook for Web3, determining how we win with both early and mature crypto startups
- Partner with our Marketing, Demand Generation, BDR, and Events teams to accelerate the top-of-funnel
- Collaborate closely with internal partners across Sales, Underwriting, and Brokerage to craft unique solutions for each client
- Drive the client feedback loop with Underwriting and Product Innovation to further enhance our Web3-specific insurance products with differentiated coverages
- Nurture existing partner relationships - and identify new ones - to build Vouch’s presence in the industry and find new ways to add value to our clients
- Excited by a quota-carrying role where you will be in the driver’s seat of the fastest-growing industry vertical at Vouch
- Deep domain expertise in Web3, including thoughtfulness about the risks Web3 companies take on
- Deeply embedded in the Web3 ecosystem
- Experience selling to or working closely with CEOs, CFOs, and GC’s
- 8+ years of sales, business development, or similar experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, positive, and detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
Nice to Have Experience:
- Former entrepreneur
- Active/Current Property and Casualty License
- Familiarity with Commercial P&C coverage lines (Professional and Speciality lines)
- Exposure to and passion for early-stage startups and/or high-growth environments
Vouch provides a number of benefits to help you bring your best self to work:
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Flexible vacation time (Unlimited PTO)
- Wellness allowance ($80/month)
- Technology allowance ($100/month)