Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce.
We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
🏎 About the Go-to-Market Team
The Go-to-Market team at Whatnot is responsible for the expansion of our category suite and the continued growth of sellers and buyers on the platform. Partnerships is responsible for identifying, launching, and fully owning all sides of new high-potential product verticals.
- Build, pursue, and pitch a pipeline of sellers on why they should move their business to Whatnot
- Develop strategies to scale outreach and recruitment of sellers to Whatnot
- Become ingrained in new category communities, becoming our expert on the nuances of products, seller/buyer dynamics, and existing community channels and influencers
- Conduct market analysis and scope opportunities for new product categories on Whatnot
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
- You have up to 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced, client-facing role, and a track record of working quickly and iteratively
- You are scrappy and flexible enough to work in an ambiguous environment with limited guidance
- You are a problem solver with strong project management skills and the ability to fully own strategy and execution on both sides of an emerging marketplace
- You have business acumen, are deeply analytical, and comfortable understanding and manipulating data to gain and take action on business insights
🙏 Nice to Have
- Experience at a high-growth startup, marketplace, or creator-focused platform
- Proficiency in SQL
- Passion for creator communities and/or new product categories that are uniquely suited to live ecommerce
- Experience buying and selling in online marketplaces
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working space
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.