Senior Manager, Trust & Safety (Team Lead)
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
The Senior Manager, Trust & Safety (Team Lead) is responsible for providing ongoing guidance and support to the Trust & Safety Operations team members at Whatnot. As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for managing T&S support agents and providing feedback to help them grow within their career. You will review and own case escalations. You will also closely monitor and identify different issues and proactively recommend and implement new processes and solutions to improve agent performance.
- Manage a team of Trust & Safety agents, oversee their day-to-day and provide coaching and feedback to ensure that the team maintains a high level of productivity and quality
- Deep-dive into complicated cases and situations to provide guidance to T&S team members
- Maintain and report out on key operational metrics for the Trust & Safety team
- Successfully collaborate with other department stakeholders on important processes
- Assist in identifying process and efficiency gaps and think through scalable solutions
- Continue to provide and create the best in class customer experience for our Whatnot users
- Execute tasks and projects in an environment with competing priorities and changing demands
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
We are looking for:
- At least 6-8 years of experience
- Foundational knowledge on Trust & Safety operations and the Whatnot platform
- Extremely customer-focused mindset and is willing to be creative to help our customers
- Experience in creating and implementing new processes and investigation workflows
- Proactive problem-solver and process-improver
- Continuous learning mindset and are always learning more about the Whatnot product and policies
- Strong judgment that allows you to come to reasonable and defensive conclusions
- Detail-oriented team player
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- You can work independently with little oversight
- Positive attitude
- Experience in people management
- Strong ability to multitask
For US-based applicants: $140,000/year - 185,000/year + benefits + stock options
The salary range may be inclusive of several levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise. This range is only inclusive of base salary, not benefits (more details below) or equity in the form of stock options.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.