Partnerships Manager, Germany
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
🏎 About the Go-to-Market Team
The Go-to-Market team at Whatnot is responsible for the expansion of our category suite and the continued growth of sellers and buyers on the platform. Partnerships is responsible for identifying, launching, and fully owning all sides of new high-potential product verticals.
As a Partnerships Manager, you’ll focus on growing the seller communities of existing and upcoming Whatnot product categories.
- Build our seller community
- Build and pursue a pipeline of sellers in your category across individual resellers, influencers, and shops
- Manage ongoing relationships and day-to-day communications with strategic sellers in your category
- Be the go-to advisor for our sellers, educating and coaching them on ways to grow their businesses on Whatnot. Create the next generation of top sellers in your category
- Stay close to sellers and buyers in the ecosystem to understand user needs and provide the product team with key user insights and problems to solve.
- Create community-defining moments
- Build relationships with influencers, planning and executing activations to bring their audiences onto Whatnot
- Organize and execute on-app events connected to the most exciting products, moments, and fandoms related to your category
- Use data and strategic thinking to propel your category forward
- Utilize large sets of data efficiently in order to inform category & project plans, as well as track and report on outcomes
- Be able to jump in, ramp up quickly, and independently drive strategic projects both in your own category and across partnerships when needed
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here. As our next Partnerships Manager, Germany, you should have:
- 5+ years of experience working in a fast-paced, client-facing role in high output environments, such as: Strategy Consulting, Private Equity, or partnerships at a fast-paced tech company
- Experience working in a business development or partner-facing role
- Fluent German and English speaker, and familiarity with the DACH market.
- You have experience building and executing against a pipeline of targets.
- You are scrappy and flexible enough to work in a fast-paced startup environment with limited guidance, and are comfortable pivoting quickly as needed
- You are a strategic and creative thinker who can turn research and data into actionable plans.
🙏 Nice to Have
- Experience at a high-growth startup, marketplace, or creator-focused platform
- An existing network of sellers, creators, and influencers within a Whatnot product category.
- Proficiency in SQL
- Passion for creator communities and/or expertise in existing Whatnot product categories (e.g. vintage clothing, collectibles).
- Experience buying and selling in online marketplaces.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Company-wide Holidays (including a Spring and Winter break)
- Medical/Dental/Vision (Supplementary Private Health)
- Pension Plan
- Food, Wellness, Home Office, and Dependent Care Allowance *equivalent to local currency
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual allowance to invest in your professional development
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave + one month gradual return to work *company leave allowances run concurrently with country leave requirements which take precedence.
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.