Partnerships Associate - UK
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
🏎 About the Go-to-Market Team
The Go-to-Market team at Whatnot is responsible for the expansion of our category suite and the continued growth of sellers and buyers on the platform. Partnerships is responsible for identifying, launching, and fully owning all sides of new high-potential product verticals.
As a Partnerships Associate, you’ll expand Whatnot’s presence in new and existing categories by identifying and recruiting new sellers to join our community.
- Be a category expert
- Become ingrained in your category communities, turning into our foremost expert on the nuances of products, seller/buyer dynamics, and community channels and influencers
- Build our seller community
- Build, pursue, and pitch a pipeline of sellers on why they should move their business to Whatnot
- Manage ongoing relationships and day-to-day communications with sellers in your category
- Proactively find new and creative ways to improve your category, adapting our existing playbooks to the needs of your community
- Drive excitement in your category through infectious energy
- Execute on projects that drive growth and excitement in the community
- Be the number 1 advocate for your sellers, buyers. Run through walls for them to get their business to grow
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our next Partnerships Associate, you should have:
- 2+ years of experience working in a fast-paced, client-facing role in high output environments, such as: Strategy Consulting, Private Equity, or partnerships at a fast-paced tech company
- You are scrappy and flexible enough to work in an ambiguous environment with limited guidance
- You are a problem solver with strong project management skills and the ability to fully own strategy and execution on both sides of an emerging marketplace
- You have business acumen, are deeply analytical, and comfortable understanding and manipulating data to gain and take action on business insights
🙏 Nice to Have
- Experience at a high-growth startup, marketplace, or creator-focused platform
- Proficiency in SQL
- Passion for creator communities and/or expertise in existing Whatnot product categories (e.g. vintage clothing, collectibles).
- Experience buying and selling in online marketplaces
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision (Supplementary Private Health)
- Food, Wellness, and Remote Work allowance
- Ireland: Pension, 11.05%
- UK: Pension, 3% / Social Security, 15.05%
- Flexible PTO
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks + one month gradual return to work
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.