Senior Manager, Trust & Safety Operations- Europe
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
The Trust & Safety Senior Manager, Europe is responsible for building out our Trust & Safety team, processes, and overall function in Europe. As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for hiring and managing T&S support agents and providing feedback to help them grow within their career. You will review and own case escalations. You will also closely monitor and identify different issues and proactively recommend and implement new processes and solutions to improve agent performance.
Build, coach, and scale the best T&S team
- Hire and manage a team of T&S agents, oversee their day-to-day, and provide coaching resulting in high levels of productivity and quality
- Be a culture champion and ensure that everyone on your team lives & breathes our principles
Own the hard problems, important relationships, and strategic initiatives. Be a strong cross functional partner who puts T&S first but knows how to effectively collaborate with other department stakeholders on key processes
- Respond to requests from regulatory agencies
- Execute tasks and projects in an environment with competing priorities and changing demands
Get into the weeds and set the bar high
- Deep-dive into complicated cases and situations to provide guidance to T&S team members
- Always put the user first - create the best in class customer experience for our Whatnot users
- Deeply understand and know all existing processes. Use that knowledge to Identify process and efficiency gaps and propose scalable solutions
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
We are looking for:
- At least 6-8 years of overall experience with at least 3 years of managing high-performing teams
- Experience scaling a T&S team from scratch
- Previous experience working at a company that deals with content or commerce
- Familiarity with European markets
- Foundational knowledge on Trust & Safety operations and the Whatnot platform
- Extremely customer-focused mindset and is willing to be creative to help our customers
- Experience in creating and implementing new processes and investigation workflows
- Proactive problem-solver and process-improver
- Continuous learning mindset - always learning more about the product and policies
- Strong judgment that allows you to come to reasonable and defensive conclusions
- Detail-oriented team player who rolls up their sleeves and gets into the weeds
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating with external agencies including law enforcement and regulators
- You can work independently with little oversight
- Positive attitude
- Strong ability to multitask
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 4% employee contribution, 4% employer contribution
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.