Customer Experience Supervisor
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
The Customer Experience team is responsible for driving the best possible user experience through process improvement, order management, and problem-solving. As a leader of this team, you will be responsible for ensuring that our team of agents dig into every ticket to the lowest level of detail so they can best solve customer issues and provide critical user insights to the business. You’ll take those insights and make Whatnot 1% better every day by partnering with driving cross-functional teams to fix gaps in our product or experience that negatively impact our customers. You will also be responsible for driving team productivity through performance metrics while delivering a quality experience, ensuring our users are getting a quick, and quality experience.
- Must be available to work weekends
- Lead team performance and drive results in team productivity, quality, and customer experience
- Manage, coach, encourage, and be responsible for the performance and culture of a team of agents
- Maintain functional knowledge of, and act as a subject matter expert of processes, product, and projects related to day-to-day operations
- Drive accountability on policies and other guidelines
- Create new and use existing reporting to identify areas to improve performance metrics and productivity
- Build a culture of insights generation to improve product, process, experience and overall business by reviewing Sigma & Zendesk metrics regularly
- Identify and report on trends early and often.
- Partner with training and content to reinforce compliance with new launches, processes, and policies.
- Address and resolve critical issues from partners and other teams
- Identify and call out areas of opportunity for Whatnot, helping improve or develop new processes to improve the user experience and business by understanding customer needs
- Other ad-hoc project work as the business requires
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
A hungry individual looking to continue their career in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Someone willing to take on any role or task, learn new skills, and be a part of building a great company. A customer service mentality with passion to reach the best possible outcome. Here’s what we’re hoping to see in your background:
- You have 5+ years of support operations experience managing support KPIs such as CSAT.
- You are a leader with a strong desire and natural ability to motivate a team, set and achieve targets, and manage career growth and team performance
- You have driven operational excellence, quality improvements, and performance-managed multiple agents.
- You are analytical and data-driven, with experience distilling large data sets to actionable insights.
- You are an owner, always looking for opportunities to better your work, team, product or customer experience
- You are comfortable making tough decisions that balance the trade-off between quality and quantity
- You have knowledge of Zendesk, data platforms such as Sigma, familiar with excel/google Sheets (Knowledge of SQL preferred)
- You have experience in startups, marketplaces, or e-commerce (preferred)
- You have worked within multichannel support operations (chat, email, sms, phone)
- You have familiarity with working with large, diverse customer support, and operations organizations (preferred)
- You have the flexibility to occasionally work shifts, holidays, and outside of standard schedule
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.