IT Operations Engineer - NYC
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
The IT Operations team empowers Whatnauts to work with a cutting edge suite of tools and systems, worldwide, around the clock. We're a nimble, cross-functional group that builds and maintains a cloud-first, modern tech stack across multiple technical domains to support and strengthen our rapidly expanding company.
- Bolster our inventory management capabilities, with distribution, retrieval, and maintenance of company hardware
- Administer access to our extensive SaaS application suite, both internally-built tools and cloud-based systems
- Support our MDM suite to remotely resolve employee requests and self-service catalog
- Provide quality support for a remote-first company with employees around the world
- Research and provide input for innovative solutions to drive the growth of the company and its technology initiatives
- Travel to Whatnot offices, marketing activations on a periodic basis and provide onsite AV, networking, and conferencing support
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our next IT Operations Engineer, you should have 3+ years of experience working in IT Operations at a fast-growing startup or tech company using cloud-based tools & software, plus:
- Experience with employee lifecycle processes, both hardware (asset recovery) and software (systems access)
- Experience with identity management and single sign-on providers like Okta
- Experience with SaaS systems administration, including Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, 1Password, etc.
- Strong EQ and willingness to learn and #figureitout
- Comfortable in an environment where we move uncomfortably fast and the ability to maneuver ambiguity with ease
Nice to have
- Experience working with remote teams and creating the best possible environments for effective distributed collaboration
- Prior knowledge with MDM solutions, including Kandji, Microsoft Intune, Meraki Systems Manager
- Familiarity with computer networking, especially cloud-based SD-WAN and SDN concepts, including Cisco Meraki
- Familiarity with access control and security systems, including Verkada
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working space
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.