Senior HRIS Manager
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
About the People Team
The purpose of the Whatnot People Team is to empower Whatnauts (what we adoringly call our Whatnot employees!) to be their authentic selves, do their best work, and continuously develop in pursuit of ensuring Whatnot can achieve our ambitious goals. We relentlessly prioritize the Whatnaut people experience to enable autonomy, create a safe, inclusive environment, and empower their success.
We are looking for an senior, experienced HRIS leader to own the strategy and configuration of our core HRIS, and develop a high-performing team that scales our HR processes with the company. You’ll inherit ownership of our existing HRIS, Rippling, and oversee a future implementation of Workday.
- Own the strategic design, delivery, and administration of our HRIS system. Partner with the global HR team, and key stakeholders across the business to identify system development needs.
- Own the HRIS roadmap, gathering requirements from internal stakeholders and the latest trends in HR technology
- Lead a Workday implementation from end-to-end, by managing deliverables across internal teams and external consultants
- Develop road map for system development priorities, aligned with the HR team goals, and focused on optimizing the system’s delivered value to the organization.
- Provide full Workday support, including implementation, Business Process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, report writing, integration design & management, security administration and upgrade planning/testing
- Maintain data integrity by performing audits, running queries, and analyzing data.
- Create standard reports and perform data entry/uploads for large-scale changes.
- Partner with IT to build and maintain integrations; and integration-related requirements and documentation.
- Manage projects and collaborate with People Operations and People Business Partners on events in Workday such as benefits open enrollment and compensation review cycles.
- Identify opportunities for system improvements and collaborate with stakeholders to implement new functionalities, modules, or upgrades.
- Develop and enforce data management protocols and standards, including data entry, validation, and quality assurance procedures.
- Identify process inefficiencies and implement streamlined solutions to enhance HR processes and system workflows.
- Provide user support and troubleshooting assistance to HR staff and end-users regarding HRIS functionality and system-related issues.
- Provide support to HR team and end users on HR systems issues that can’t be resolved by tier 1 support team.
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation for HRIS and train system end-users.
- Ensures that all HRIS-related data, reports, processes, and audits are in compliance with relevant local, state, federal and provincial regulations.
- Manages HRIS related vendor relationships and renewals.
- Leads due diligence for HRIS systems portion of M&A and global expansion.
- Maintain other People systems as needed.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our Senior HRIS manager, you should have 10+ years experience using HRIS, plus:
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of Workday development experience.
- 2+ years experience managing an HRIS team
- Experience owning at least one Workday integration end-to-end
- Strong change management experience, navigating communications and training across a global organization
- Expert in in core Workday HCM and must have deep experience in at least 2 additional modules ie. (talent, performance, recruiting, advanced compensation, payroll, workday reporting, prism, EIBs, core connectors, xml integrations).
- Maintain a global mindset regarding dependencies, features, user experience and with a one-company mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, personally accountable and promotes a documented process-oriented approach.
- Strong project management experience.
Nice to Have…
- Experience working with Rippling and/or Deel.
- Workday HCM Certification.
For US-based applicants: $210,000 - $225,000 year + benefits + stock options
The salary range may be inclusive of several levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise. This range is only inclusive of base salary, not benefits (more details below) or equity in the form of stock options.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.