Trust & Safety Agent
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
The Trust & Safety team is a high-impact team that ensures Whatnot is a safe and trusted platform for our buyers and sellers. As a Trust & Safety Agent you will work as the front-line support, assisting customers with highly escalated & emergency issues related to the Whatnot platform.
- Provide inbound email and chat-based customer service for users in crisis.
- De-escalate and educate customers through clear and accurate exchange of information that leads to a successful resolution and improved marketplace safety.
- Thoughtfully investigate Trust & Safety cases with medium complexity and high sensitivity while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Work with other departments to research and resolve open questions.
- Efficiently work through a backlog of open issues and monitor performance of key operations.
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism.
- Review key metrics and utilize data to make informed decisions.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
A hungry individual looking to jump start their career in a fast paced environment. Someone willing to take on any role or task, learn new skills and be a part of building a great company. A customer service mentality with passion to reach the best possible outcome. Here’s what we’re hoping to see in your background:
- 4 year degree is a plus. 1 - 5 years of experience in customer service, user experience or fulfillment.
- Positive Customer first attitude.
- Proactive problem-solver and process-improver.
- Experience with social media, parcel delivery, marketplace sellers, vendors, or fraud operations.
- Understanding of E-commerce and Marketplace operations.
- Experience with Customer facing systems like Zendesk, Kustomer, or Intercom.
- Knowledge of Collectibles is a plus.
- Desire to enhance your career.
- 3 month fixed-term contract with the potential to be converted to a full-time employee.
For US-based applicants: $29/hr
The salary range may be inclusive of several levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise. This range is only inclusive of base salary, not benefits (more details below) or equity in the form of stock options.
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.