Trust & Safety Agent (French Speaking) - Ireland
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
The Trust & Safety team is a high-impact team that ensures Whatnot is a safe and trusted platform for our buyers and sellers. As a French speaking Trust & Safety Agent you will work as the front-line support, assisting customers with highly escalated & emergency issues related to the Whatnot platform. You will be one of the first T&S agents supporting the French, and European markets, and will be the go-to for highly nuanced safety issues in the region.
- Provide inbound email customer service for users in crisis.
- De-escalate and educate customers through clear and accurate exchange of information that leads to a successful resolution and improved marketplace safety.
- Thoughtfully investigate Trust & Safety cases with high complexity and high sensitivity while maintaining customer satisfaction.
- Serve as the escalation point for issues requiring nuanced understanding of language and culture.
- Work with other departments to research and resolve open questions.
- Efficiently work through a backlog of open issues and monitor performance of key operations.
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism.
- Review key metrics and utilize data to make informed decisions.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
A hungry individual looking to jump start their career in a fast paced environment. Someone willing to take on any role or task, learn new skills and be a part of building a great company. A customer service mentality with passion to reach the best possible outcome. Here’s what we’re hoping to see in your background:
- 4 year degree is a plus. 1- 5 years of experience in Trust & Safety, customer service, user experience or fulfillment
- Fluent French and English speaker, and familiarity of the French market
- Positive Customer first attitude
- Proactive problem-solver and process-improver
- Experience with social media, parcel delivery, marketplace sellers, vendors, or fraud operations
- Understanding of Ecommerce and Marketplace operations
- Experience with Customer facing systems like Zendesk, Kustomer, or Intercom
- Knowledge of Collectibles is a plus
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Flexible Paid Time Off and Company-wide Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision (Supplementary Private Health)
- Pension Plan
- 4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution
- Food, Wellness, Home Office, and Dependent Care Allowance *equivalent to local currency
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Professional Development
- Annual allowance to invest in your professional development
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave + one month gradual return to work *company leave allowances run concurrently with country leave requirements which take precedence.
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.