Customer Experience Agent
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
The Customer Experience team is responsible for driving the best possible user experience through process improvement, order management, and problem solving. As part of this team you will be tasked with doing anything possible to make sure our customers get the product they ordered as fast as possible. And if something went wrong ensuring the we are doing everything possible to make it right.
- Obsession with customers / being customer first / serving customers
- Interact with customer and seller with Customer first attitude ensuring a positive experience .
- Assess then resolve Customer and Seller issues utilizing a variety of systems, processes and technology.
- Research and investigate new products, listings, sellers and quality concerns.
- Work with other departments to research and resolve open questions.
- Collaborate with management to improve systems and supply chain efficiency.
- Efficiently work through a backlog of open issues and monitor performance of key operations.
- Make quick and financially sound decisions around inventory and customer satisfaction.
- Represent the company with integrity and professionalism.
- Review key metrics and utilize data to make informed decisions.
- 3 month fixed-term contract with the potential to convert to a full-time employee.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
A hungry individual looking to jump start their career in a fast paced environment. Someone willing to take on any role or task, learn new skills and be a part of building a great company. A customer service mentality with passion to reach the best possible outcome. Here’s what we’re hoping to see in your background:
- Must be available to work on our evening shift team (1pm-10pm PST).
- Weekend availability required.
- 4 year degree is a plus. 1 - 5 years of experience in customer service, user experience or fulfillment.
- Positive Customer first attitude.
- Proactive problem-solver and process-improver.
- Experience with social media, parcel delivery, marketplace sellers, vendors, or fraud operations.
- Understanding of Ecommerce and Marketplace operations.
- Experience with Customer facing systems like Zendesk, Kustomer, or Intercom.
- Knowledge of Collectibles is a plus.
- Desire to enhance your career.
For US-based applicants: $25-29/hr
The salary range may be inclusive of several levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise. This range is only inclusive of base salary, not benefits (more details below) or equity in the form of stock options.
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.