Software Engineer, Infrastructure - Poland
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, and as a remote-first team, we operate out of hubs within the US, Canada, UK, and Germany today.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
As part of the Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for building and scaling Whatnot’s best-in-class live streaming and marketplace service for all users. You will build the foundations for Whatnot’s future across reliability, scalability, and performance of our systems.
- Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of production systems.
- Work with the engineering team to get services deployed across different environments.
- Scale for capacity and traffic spikes of 20x normal load during high-volume events.
- Providing recommendations for architecture and process improvements.
- Maintain an efficient CI/CD pipeline to help developers ship the software faster and safer in a structured environment.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our next Infrastructure Software Engineer, you should have 5+ years of infrastructure engineering experience, building scalable systems that can handle millions of users, plus:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience at a hyper-growth startup. You’re a self-starter who can hit the ground running with little direction.
- Prior experience in a public cloud environment (AWS, GCP) using Kubernetes, Docker, and/or Terraform.
- Expert knowledge of various CI/CD workflows.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.