Senior Manager, Support
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, and as a remote-first team, we operate out of hubs within the US, Canada, UK, and Germany today.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
The Customer Experience team is responsible for driving the best possible user experience through process improvement, order management, and problem-solving. We are looking for our next Senior Manager, Support to oversee a team of Managers to ensure they are driving team productivity through performance metrics while delivering a quality experience. You have extensive experience managing people managers, scaling teams, and are comfortable leading large Customer Experience organizations.
- Direct and mentor a team of Managers, fostering a collaborative environment to drive a world-class customer experience.
- Review customer contacts and identify ways to improve the customer experience, as well as own escalated customer contacts and resolve them.
- Lead team performance and drive results in team productivity, quality, and customer experience.
- Create new and use existing reporting to identify areas to improve performance metrics and productivity.
- Partner with training and content to reinforce compliance with new launches, processes, and policies.
- Maintain functional knowledge of, and act as a subject matter expert of processes, product, and projects related to day-to-day operations.
- Partners with workforce management to organize, prioritize and schedule work assignments to meet business needs.
- Other ad-hoc projects as the business requires.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here. You have:
- Minimum of 8 years in customer experience roles, with at least 3 years in a leadership position managing teams of managers.
- You are adept at pivoting and changing priorities according to business needs.
- You are analytical and data-driven, with experience distilling large data sets to actionable insights.
- You are an owner, always looking for opportunities to better your work, team, product or customer experience.
- You are comfortable making tough decisions that balance the trade-off between quality and quantity.
- You have a solid knowledge of customer support tools and platforms, such as Zendesk. Familiarity with data platforms such as Sigma and proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets.
For US-based applicants: $165,000/year to $185,000/year + benefits + stock options
The salary range may be inclusive of several levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise. This range is only inclusive of base salary, not benefits (more details below) or equity in the form of stock options.
- Flexible Time off Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision
- Work From Home Support
- $1,000 home office setup allowance
- $150 monthly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $450 monthly allowance on food
- $500 monthly allowance for wellness
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Retirement; 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts in the US (employer match up to 4% of base salary) and Pension plans internationally
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave + one month gradual return to work *company leave allowances run concurrently with country leave requirements which take precedence.
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.