Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, and as a remote-first team, we operate out of hubs within the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, and Germany today.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
Are you passionate about driving growth in the dynamic world of e-commerce? Join our team as a Category Lead and take charge of scaling a category on Whatnot. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in defining and executing a category’s growth trajectory. You will lead a small team of Partnership Associates in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. If you are ready to "zoom in" and "zoom out" daily to guide both strategy and execution, we want to hear from you!
Build and Expand:
- Advocate for our mission, building and managing relationships with sellers to drive growth.
- Execute marketing activations alongside influencers to enhance category awareness.
- Devise scalable strategies for concurrent growth in sellers and buyers.
- Identify opportunities for step-change growth and implement focused testing.
- Chart the path for future growth within the category, identifying sub-categories for expansion.
- Manage a team of strong Partnership Associates and hire new team members as the category grows.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to address the evolving needs of our diverse communities.
- Utilize analytical skills to define and monitor key success metrics in the category.
- Drive focus and execution through data-driven insights.
- Work on the strategic development of the business, considering both current and future needs.
- You have a passion for our mission at Whatnot - you live and breathe the needs of our communities and work relentlessly to improve their experiences on Whatnot
- 5-7 years of experience working in a fast-paced, client-facing role in high output environments, such as: Strategy Consulting, Private Equity, or partnerships at a fast-paced tech company
- You operate as a player/coach and will get in the weeds to produce results in a highly ambiguous environment
- You are scrappy and no job is too small
- You are a world-class leader with experience managing and developing a team
- You are deeply analytical and comfortable understanding and manipulating data to gain and take action on business insights
🙏 Nice to Have
- Experience with two-sided platforms and marketplace dynamics.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Passion for creator communities and live e-commerce.
For US-based applicants: $150,000/year to $180,000/year + benefits + stock options
The salary range may be inclusive of several levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise. This range is only inclusive of base salary, not benefits (more details below) or equity in the form of stock options.
- Flexible Time off Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision
- Work From Home Support
- $1,000 home office setup allowance
- $150 monthly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $450 monthly allowance on food
- $500 monthly allowance for wellness
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Retirement; 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts in the US (employer match up to 4% of base salary) and Pension plans internationally
- Parental Leave
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave + one month gradual return to work *company leave allowances run concurrently with country leave requirements which take precedence.
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.