Training Manager, Support
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, and as a remote-first team, we operate out of hubs within the US, Canada, UK, and Germany today.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
The Training Manager, Support will be responsible for leading efforts to create and facilitate best-in-class training programs and content. You will work closely with team members across different levels and tenures to deliver impactful training sessions designed to improve knowledge gaps, quality of customer interactions and efficiency of agent day-to-day operations. You will also be responsible for collaborating with, and supporting our external partner teams ensuring consistent process and quality across the enterprise.This is an excellent opportunity for a training professional with diverse experience in instructional design and building content.
- Build, implement, measure, improve and optimize learning programs
- Lead onboarding and training sessions for new hires on the CX team, and regularly conduct continuous training sessions to ensure adoption of new processes and fill knowledge gaps
- Drive adherence to standardized processes and best practices, as well as getting feedback from cross-functional teams on areas of opportunity for improvement
- Have a learner-first mindset, ensuring that your training programs are not only engaging, but also drive measurable, lasting performance improvements.
- Define critical metrics for training activities and analyze data to get results
- Partner with our Vendor Management teams to ensure there is consistency across the enterprise with learning development and knowledge retention
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
A hungry individual looking to continue their career in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Someone willing to take on any role or task, learn new skills, and be a part of building a great company.
- 10+ years of Customer Support experience and at least 5+ years in training and development
- You have familiarity with working with large, diverse customer support, and operations organizations (preferred)
- You have knowledge of Learning Management Systems, Zendesk, data platforms such as Sigma, familiar with excel/google Sheets (Knowledge of SQL preferred)
- You have experience in startups, marketplaces, or e-commerce (preferred)
- You have worked within multichannel support operations (chat, email, sms, phone)
- A strong focus on internal customers' needs and satisfaction, with an emphasis in demonstrating return on investment in training
- Understanding of industry learning trends and best practices, adult learning theory, and instructional design principles
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with quickly changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Experience developing training in a variety of delivery modalities (virtual, hands-on/experiential, instructor-led, remote classroom, synchronous/asynchronous) for a variety of audiences
- You have the flexibility to occasionally work shifts, holidays, and outside of standard schedule
For US-based applicants: $115,000/year to $165,000 year + benefits + stock options
The salary range may be inclusive of several levels that would be applicable to the position. Final salary will be based on a number of factors including, level, relevant prior experience, skills and expertise. This range is only inclusive of base salary, not benefits (more details below) or equity in the form of stock options.
🎁 Benefits (US Only)
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 95% of employee premium costs, and 80% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $150 monthly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $450 monthly allowance on food
- $500 monthly allowance for wellness
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.