Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
- Own buyer acquisition in your vertical, devising campaigns and events that generate buzz and grow category demand
- Develop and execute on the social media strategy for your category across multiple channels and platforms
- Identify and pursue PR and influencer opportunities within your vertical
- Build scalable resources and toolkits to help sellers better market their channels and grow their audiences on the platform
- Measure and iterate on the effectiveness of category marketing initiatives
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
- You have 6+ years of marketing experience in a fast paced environment. Experience at a high-growth startup, marketplace or creator-focused platform is a plus
- You are a problem solver with strong project management skills and the ability to fully own strategy and content across multiple marketing channels
- You're a creative thinker with an aptitude for content creation and copywriting
- You have experience tracking KPIs and monitoring success for marketing programs
- You are scrappy and flexible enough to work in a fast-paced startup environment with limited guidance, and are comfortable pivoting quickly as needed
🙏 Nice to Have
- Experience with graphic design and video editing tools (e.g. Creative Suite, Figma).
- Passion for creator communities and/or existing Whatnot product categories (e.g. vintage clothing, collectibles).
- Experience buying and selling in online marketplaces.
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working space
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses