Senior Solutions Engineer
Workato is the only integration and automation platform that is as simple as it is powerful — and because it’s built to power the largest enterprises, it is quite powerful.
Simultaneously, it’s a low-code/no-code platform. This empowers any user (dev/non-dev) to painlessly automate workflows across any apps and databases.
We’re proud to be named a leader by both Forrester and Gartner and trusted by 7,000+ of the world's top brands such as Box, Grab, Slack, and more. But what is most exciting is that this is only the beginning.
Why join us?
Ultimately, Workato believes in fostering a flexible, trust-oriented culture that empowers everyone to take full ownership of their roles. We are driven by innovation and looking for team players who want to actively build our company.
But, we also believe in balancing productivity with self-care. That’s why we offer all of our employees a vibrant and dynamic work environment along with a multitude of benefits they can enjoy inside and outside of their work lives.
If this sounds right up your alley, please submit an application. We look forward to getting to know you!
Also, feel free to check out why:
Business Insider named us an “enterprise startup to bet your career on”
Forbes’ Cloud 100 recognized us as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world
Deloitte Tech Fast 500 ranked us as the 17th fastest growing tech company in the Bay Area, and 96th in North America
Quartz ranked us the #1 best company for remote workers
As a Senior Solutions Engineer at Workato, you'll be at the forefront of innovation, leading the charge in designing, developing, and implementing powerful automation solutions.
These solutions will be used by our Presales Solutions Consultants during customer evaluations, helping our teams win more business. Your technical prowess will empower us to align our solutions with customer requirements, and you'll also assist our Post Sales Technical Consultants in implementing these solutions.
Not only will you play a pivotal role in our success, but you'll also have the chance to shape our product direction by communicating market needs to our Product Management team.
In More Detail, You Will:
- Create rapid automation solutions for high-impact customer use-cases and integration platform migration scenarios.
- Offer valuable technical expertise gained from experience with various integration platforms during gap analysis and migration project planning.
- Provide guidance, troubleshoot technical issues, and convey complex ideas effectively to non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with customer-facing Solutions Consultants to gather requirements and jointly lead solution design.
- Develop capabilities and features based on customer needs, extending Workato connector capabilities.
- Work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to review customer feedback and requirements, identifying opportunities for platform enhancements.
- Accelerate the development of roadmap features to meet specific customer requirements.
- Enhance internal processes and foster knowledge sharing by contributing to Workato's knowledge base.
- Prioritize and deliver exceptional customer service.
- A background in information systems, computer science, engineering, or equivalent industry experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in software engineering or technical consulting roles, especially with Workato or other integration platforms like Boomi.
- Certification, formal training, or deep familiarity with platform administration, integration development, and platform architecture is advantageous.
- Experience in implementing integration projects, including complex enterprise systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle, Dynamics) and cloud business apps (e.g., Workday, NetSuite, Salesforce).
- Familiarity with process orchestration, workflow tools, Business Process Management, Robotic Process Automation, or other automation products.
- Strong working knowledge of RESTful APIs, JSON, and any RDBMS.
- 1-2 years of coding experience in Java/Python/Ruby, and knowledge of SOAP/XML is a plus.
- A technical background or understanding of technology and industry trends, particularly in app integration.
- A collaborative team player who seeks continuous improvement opportunities.
- Adaptability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment, with proactive, outside-the-box thinking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, enabling you to effectively convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.