Sales Development Representative (SDR), DACH Region
Workato is the only integration and automation platform that is as simple as it is powerful — and because it’s built to power the largest enterprises, it is quite powerful.
Simultaneously, it’s a low-code/no-code platform. This empowers any user (dev/non-dev) to painlessly automate workflows across any apps and databases.
We’re proud to be named a leader by both Forrester and Gartner and trusted by 7,000+ of the world's top brands such as Box, Grab, Slack, and more. But what is most exciting is that this is only the beginning.
Why join us?
Ultimately, Workato believes in fostering a flexible, trust-oriented culture that empowers everyone to take full ownership of their roles. We are driven by innovation and looking for team players who want to actively build our company.
But, we also believe in balancing productivity with self-care. That’s why we offer all of our employees a vibrant and dynamic work environment along with a multitude of benefits they can enjoy inside and outside of their work lives.
If this sounds right up your alley, please submit an application. We look forward to getting to know you!
Also, feel free to check out why:
Business Insider named us an “enterprise startup to bet your career on”
Forbes’ Cloud 100 recognized us as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world
Deloitte Tech Fast 500 ranked us as the 17th fastest growing tech company in the Bay Area, and 96th in North America
Quartz ranked us the #1 best company for remote workers
Community & Event Sales Development Rep DACH and Central
Sell an amazing product, and make an impact in a high visibility role at a world class startup.
Like sales, but don’t like being at a desk all the time? Like travel? Like networking and speaking to c-suite prospects regularly? Are you curious and like being a guide to people? If so - this might be a good fit.
Workato is looking for a talented results-oriented individual to join our expanding sales team as a Community & Event Sales Development Rep for our DACH and Central region focused on community events, trade shows and other industry events in the DACH and Central region .This is a unique and dynamic role where you will have to manage your time and balance between prospecting, following up on leads, and engaging customers face to face at trade shows and field events.
This role has a 30% travel requirement.
Detailed Job Description:
As a Community & Event Sales Development Rep you will be responsible in building pipeline for the sales organization by qualifying and setting up meetings at events.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Pre-event prospecting: Deeply understand the audience of the event and then based on that discover targets, build campaigns, and engage attendees and book meetings before the event.
- Engage prospects at events: Work with the marketing and sales teams to get everyone ready for the event. This includes getting demos ready and training everyone who will be at the event. The majority of your metrics will come from your ability to understand the needs of people visiting the booth, building a rapport with them, qualifying them and booking meetings as appropriate.
- Post-event follow up: You will be responsible for following up on event leads, building content based on learnings from the event, booking meetings for Account Execs, engaging partners with our partner team, and enabling our sales team around messaging and future outbound efforts.
During the entire process, an implicit responsibility is to conduct yourself with prospects in a way that creates a superior customer/prospect experience to set the stage for future sales for Workato.
The prospect profile can vary from IT, Business Operations, Sales / Marketing / Support / Finance / People Operations. In selling to these profiles you will have the chance to collaborate and learn from every team in the org and interface with our executive team regularly. This is a high visibility role that will allow you to build your own brand, improve the company through feedback, and learn every function of field demand gen.
- 6 months of Sales Development/Business Development experience preferred. Fresh graduates may apply
- Trade show experience a plus
- High energy, positive attitude with the ability to take initiative; strong work ethic, self-directed and resourceful; Discipline to conduct and manage sales cycle process from initial contact through to initial qualification
- Results oriented with the focus on ensuring generating high quality pipeline for sales
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Strong collaboration skills; ability to adapt to a dynamic start-up environment with a passion for making an impact
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; ability to convey information clearly and analyze customer requirements as needed to help customer make buying decisions
- Fluent German language skills, Dutch language skills a bonus.
- Some technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent integration and solutions therein
- Ability to Travel 1 or more weeks a month
- Knowledge of business applications, especially applications used in Sales, Marketing, Customer Support