Senior Brand Designer
At XMTP Labs, we're reimagining the future of decentralized, secure, and portable messaging. We believe that privacy is an inalienable and universal right.
We're committed to creating a powerful communication protocol that is truly open to all. In our vision, users not only own and control their own identity and data, but also benefit economically from their participation, all while breaking free from single-entity control. Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a secure, open, and decentralized communication protocol that connects creators, communities, applications, and users. If this mission speaks to you, let's build the future of messaging together.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
As a Senior Designer at XMTP Labs, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping our brand's visual identity and storytelling across various initiatives. You'll lead a team of talented designers, ensuring that our brand's message is conveyed with creativity and impact.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior design or creative role, preferably within a tech, advertising, or creative agency environment.
- Strong portfolio showcasing expertise in art direction, visual storytelling, concept development, motion design, graphic design, and brand design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) and Figma.
- Experience leading a design team.
- Excellent communication skills, with a positive, collaborative mindset.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Fine Arts, or related field preferred, but not required.
- Passion for emerging technologies like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0 is a plus.
- Take full ownership of brand design projects from concept generation to delivery, ensuring high-quality and innovative outcomes using story, visual, and motion design.
- Partner closely with the go-to-market, internal creative, and product teams to conceptualize and execute industry-leading designs and stories that effectively communicate our brand's vision.
- Provide art direction, visual storytelling, develop concepts, and create motion and visual designs that align with our brand strategy and ultimately shape the future of decentralized communication.
- Mentor and manage a team of designers, guiding their creative process and career growth.
- Stay abreast of the latest design trends and technologies, continuously pushing the creative boundaries.
- Generous and competitive compensation package
- Salary range between $150-175k range (depending on experience + location)
- Remote-first environment with semi-yearly gatherings to connect IRL
- Full paid Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Parental Leave
- IT Equipment and WFH setup
- Monthly Wellness and Lifestyle stipend
- Personal assistant
- Flexible vacation (with minimum requirements to ensure rest and time-off to pursue your passions outside of work)
- And much more!
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Joining XMTP Labs today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here's an inside look at XMTP and some of the frequently asked questions about our culture, answered by one of our co-founders and core team members.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive team with a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please notify your recruiter of any disabilities or time preferences based off your current location and time zone.